We often hear about couples who have overcome tragedies and trials and then gone on to get married, sometimes at the courtesy of vendors willing to donate their services. What really jumped out about this recent article was that strangers helped Jennifer Batugo and Brian Gargano have a dream wedding. Jennifer was diagnosed with an extremely rare and aggressive form of breast cancer in late March. Told by doctors that she may only have a few months to live, Batugo, 29, and her fiancé decided they would move their August wedding up to April. With the help of many strangers (both in and out of the wedding industry), Jennifer and Brian had a beautiful wedding in April.
Jennifer continues to battle cancer and we’re sending her our warmest thoughts and prayers.
Did we fool you with the title? While the full story behind this article is not known, word on the street is that the man below is kicking the flowers away from his girlfriend. Nonetheless, this punter is clearly hoping to avoid another wedding
While we love the Photographers available in San Diego, this article from Huffington Post definitely highlights many amazing photographers located around the world. The photos are beautiful, inspirational and above all, truly capture the emotions.
According to MSN, the best wedding songs for 2013 include ‘Ho Hey’ by the Lumineers and ‘Kiss Me’ by Ed Sheeran. MSN takes is one step further though and tells readers when they should play the hottest songs from 2013 during their wedding. Take a look at their recommendations below:
“Overjoyed,” Matchbox Twenty
When to play it: The first dance
“Ho Hey,” The Lumineers
When to play it: Toward the end of the night, as the couples start to pair off.
“Kiss Me,” Ed Sheeran
When to play it: The last slow dance
For you regular Eventity followers, you know we’re always on the hunt for wedding facts, statistics, and any other amazing information. This week, we found cake facts and we’re bringing you some truly surprising information about wedding cakes.
- In the 17th century, there were two confections: the bride’s and the groom’s cake. The groom’s cake was usually a fruitcake and symbolized fertility.
- The bride’s cake was usually a white pound cake covered with white frosting. Why? To symbolize purity and virginity.
- The tallest cake ever made (on record) was 25.65 feet tall. The towering confection consisted of 850 sponge cakes, shaped like cake bricks, glued together with caramel. Unfortunately for its creators, the cake didn’t last long, as it started to lean and eventually fell.
- Cake toppers didn’t become popular until the 1950s, when couples in the US started using them on their wedding cakes.
We must admit, the celebrity lifestyle does have its appealing aspects and one of those is definitely their wedding food budgets. We recently stumbled upon this article and couldn’t resist sharing some of the wedding menus with you.
Nicole Richie and Joel Madden: Red greens salad, goat cheese patties, butternut squash ravioli, filet mignon and seared ahi tuna. Along with a wedding cake, guests also enjoyed a “dessert buffet.”
Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton: Deer that Lambert killed herself! A few days before the wedding, she tweeted, “Last thing loaded for the wedding!!! Harvested by….me!!!!!”and a photo of a package of deer cutlets. Guests also enjoyed a five-tiered cake frosted to look like bright purple leather.
Well folks, a year has past as one of our Eventity couples celebrated their one year anniversary yesterday. Congrats to Sarah and Jason as one year ago (yesterday) team Eventity along with their awesome vendors were at The Thursday Club getting everything ready for their wedding.
We caught up with Sarah and Jason to see what life has been like after their wedding.
Life as usual has been crazy busy, but great! We continue to be each others best friends and look back on our wedding day as one of the funnest days of our lives. We have stayed busy working on our new house and continue to play football together twice a week. Life is good!
Our favorite highlight for Jason was the party bus! We had such a blast having our closest family and friends celebrating the beginning and end of the night together, an unexpected blast and unforgettable detail! For myself, it is difficult to pinpoint the best moment. I think that as soon as we finished the first dance we could both finally relax and enjoy the party. I loved watching our guests get silly on the dance floor and seeing the hilarious pictures that came from the photo booth was a highlight for me, and seeing all of our friends and family come together was pretty amazing.
The best wedding gifts were the practical ones. Gift cards really came in handy when we bought our new house and were broke
For our anniversary we will probably go out to one of our favorite restaurants. Nothing over the top, just enjoy each others company and reminisce on how much fun our wedding was. As a gift, I am surprising Jason by legally changing my last name to his. I have been dragging my feat about doing it, and I know it will mean a lot to him (and me) to share a name.
Congrats again, Sarah and Jason!
We have to admit, a guilty pleasure of Jenn’s is The Housewives of Orange County. While this new season has already started out strong with the return of Alexis Bellino and of course, Vicki Gunvalson’s plastic surgery, the most exciting news is definitely the engagement of Gretchen Rossi and Slade Smiley. According to Yahoo!, Gretchen proposed on April 14 and they’re working on setting a date in the near future. Congratulations Gretchen and Slade!
We stumbled upon a recent Huffington Post article about Pinterest’s impact on weddings. The author made us laugh with her comparison of weddings that she’s finding pinned. Specifically, below are a few items that she’s seeing everywhere now. Her words, not ours
- Bridesmaids MUST be in cowgirl boots. Groomsmen should wear chucks.
- PHOTO BOOTH. MUSTACHES.
- MASON JARS. Mason jars EVERYWHERE.
- Have cool things on wooden or chalkboard signs, like “Grub this Way,” “Whiskey Bar,” “Cigars,” “Games.”
- Employ as many precocious children as possible, preferably with flowers in their hair, or a sign that says “Here Comes the Bride” in their grubby little hands.
- Pass out favors so ridiculously adorable that no one will want to eat them.
- SPARKLERS OR ELSE IT WASN’T REAL.
We can’t help but agree with several of these. With that said, mustaches will forever be funny and sparklers are ALWAYS a blast!
Brides don’t want to be pushy or annoying or even worst a BRIDEZILLA! So thanks to The Wedding Party here are my favorite tips to keep your cool. If you want to read all of them go here.
- Give your bridesmaids a color palette and let them choose a dress that flatters their bodies the best
- Buy them heel stoppers if your ceremony is on the grass. That’s just common sense.
- Don’t be super stressed on the day of. Loosen up and enjoy!
- Appreciate them! Buy them something cute but remember, it doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
- If all or some of the bridesmaids don’t know each other, plan a fun day so everyone can get a chance to feel more comfortable around each other.